CCDO Demolition Apprentice (TRAILBLAZER)


If you reside in ENGLAND, you will undertake the TRAILBLAZER Demolition Apprentice Scheme. Your red Apprentice card will be valid for the duration of the 2 year programme. At the end of the programme, you will be required to take the End Point Assessment Test (EPAT) and assuming you are successful, you will receive a full BLUE Demolition & Refurbishment Operative card.

CCDO Demolition Apprentice (TRAILBLAZER)


  • Carrying out the process of demolishing or part-demolishing structures ranging from standard brick and concrete buildings to bridges, industrial plants and power stations.
  • This cardholder must not be left working alone and should be in close contact with their company mentor throughout their programme.
  • The apprentice is given multiple theoretical and practical training courses.


Anyone aged 16 – 65 can access the Trailblazer Apprenticeship

Applicants for the Demolition Apprenticeship must have the right to work in England AND spend at least 50% of their working hours in England. Existing employees may access the Demolition Apprenticeship, it is not just for new recruits.

£9000.00 - If your payroll is more than £3 million, you’re already invested in the Apprenticeship levy. Non Apprenticeship levy-paying Employers can pay 5% of the apprenticeship course cost, and the government will cover the remaining 95% through the process of ‘co-investment’. So Employers release £8,550.00 of Government Funding for a contribution of £450.00 CITB Grant: Attendance grant is payable up to the apprentice’s last date in learning or the typical duration of the standard, whichever is earlier. The attendance grant rate for starts is £2,500 per year. The achievement grant is £3,500 on successful completion of the Apprenticeship. So £8500 In total.

ESFA Off-The-Job (OTJ) Rules Employing an Apprentice - Get Funding

90 Days Off The Job required (This does not mean off Work/Attending Training, does include mentoring/workbooks etc.) September 2021 Cohort will do 34 days of training in total. Year 1 will encompass 23 days of training and Year 2 will encompass 11 days of training

CCDO Apprentice (Trailblazer) Application Form - PDF CCDO Apprentice (Trailblazer) Application Form - Online

Key Notes

Red card valid for 2 years. This card is non renewable. You must pass the endpoint assessment test at the end of the 2 year apprenticeship programme to convert your red apprentice card to the blue Demolition & Refurbishment Operative Card.